Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : Side Tables

Lets take a moment and get back to what we all know and love. Recreating furniture.

Lately this blog as been all talks about sugar (here, here, and here) and market days (here, here. and here. oh, and here too. Last one… here) but today – today we get back to our roots.

I bought these two bedside tables at an estate sale probably 6 months ago – yes this is a picture of just one… imagine another one exactly like it. They have sat in my garage for a good while.

image

For some odd reason this is the only before picture I can find. Its also the iphone picture I sent my mom to get her opinion on if I should buy them or not.

I ended up going back and getting the two tables and then they sat in my garage fooooorevvvver.

Oh wait here are two more pictures… great photo quality might I add

IMG_7212IMG_7213

This weekend I took it upon myself to get these suckers back in shape. I tend to put major color on all my pieces but for some reason I felt like these needed a neutral identity. So neutral they got.

IMG_2336

The tan is called “Pebble” by Krylon and the white is “White” by Krylon (genius name). I kept the original knobs but added “Oil Rubbed Bronze” spray paint by Rustoleum.

IMG_2338IMG_2341

IMG_2345

This whole world of neutrals is so foreign to me but I kind of like it. Most people gravitate to the tan/brown/black/white colors where as I am always thinking COLOR. It’s a nice change of pace.

IMG_2343

IMG_2340

Wont these make the best bed side tables? The two drawers allow for a lot of storage space that your standard nightstands don’t account for and those knobs – they steal the show.

IMG_2342

Who doesn’t love a good before and after? Even more, when have I been the one to deprive readers of such pleasure?!?!

imageIMG_2338

from drab to fab….

IMG_7212

IMG_2346

… in case you are wondering, yes these will be for sale next weekend.

No comments