Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Life : But I thought it was about MEEEE

My stress level hit an all time high last week. Nothing was going MY way, creativity stifled, house a wreck – all around cruddy. Stress is the ultimate creativity killer.

Yesterday, I had a fun lunch with friends and after some conversation it hit me, this isn't about me.

My creativity is a GIFT that God gave me – not something I am good at on my own. This little side business I have going? Not mine. The opportunity to be apart of VMD – all God’s doing. He arranged all of this. He wrote this story and I am spending all my time trying to take credit.

Its time to refocus. Time to let God take control of this – he can lead me to places I never imagined going. Places I can’t take myself.

image

The real question is, how do you go about doing that? How do you let God take control? How do you give him the glory?

Honestly, I don’t know. I do know what I am doing, though. It might look different for everyone but here is how I am giving this process over to the ultimate creator.

- Thank him daily for the blessings he has given me along with my talents/spiritual gifts.

- Seek him first in all things. First in the morning. First with questions. First with ideas. First with concerns. Seek him first.

- Give back to causes that glorify him.

God has put a variety of ministries on my heart, adoption/foster care, children's ministry, singles, etc.

For this event (Vintage Market Days) I will be giving 10% of my profit back to the church in the form of “My One”.

My One is an opportunity we provide to sponsor a child to go to camp this summer. Camp is expensive and the cost shouldn’t deter kids from learning more about Jesus. So, sponsor kids we will do.

image

So there you have it, my weekend revelations and a few non related pictures – because what's a post without pictures?!?!

No comments