Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Testing the Waters

I started this blog because I had bought a new house and was making big changes to it. Everyone kept asking about progress and thus I decided to show the progress.

To be completely honest, I don’t love to write. Its almost a chore – what I love is getting my hands dirty and thinking up new projects or working with paint and old furniture. I like the work put into a big transformation and the end result. What I don’t like is giving the step by step instructions – probably because I typically make it up as I go.

One thing this blog has been good for is building my confidence. I always thought my ideas were a little bit out there and not near as “mainstream” as a Pottery Barn, per say. But the feedback I have received over the past year would say otherwise. People like to see you do things they would have never thought of. You guys are such a good cheer squad.

The bible tells us that if you “delight yourself in the Lord, he will give you the desires of your heart”

A desire that has been on my heart for so long is to take my creativity and make it into a business. Sell things. Go places. Meet new people. Challenge myself creatively.

Last week this desire came true in a small but significant way.

I was accepted as a vendor to Vintage Market Days here in Tulsa

Vintage Market Days

On May 17-19 I will have my first 10X10 booth full of fun furniture, vintage goodies, and handmade items.

This is a huge step; a step that requires planning, preparation, prayer, a Tax ID, and lots of paper work.

The Lord opened this door for me, he is giving me the opportunity to see a desire of my heart come to fruition. This experience my quench my desire but it might awaken so much more, only time and a lot of prayer will tell. In the next 6-8 weeks you will be seeing tons of new furniture hitting the blog. Items that will be held for VMD that you can get your hands on in May. 

I cant wait until May but until then I will be working myself to the bones.

4 comments

  1. How fun! Good luck on this exciting adventure! You will have to put a reminder on your blog about Vintage Market Days. I've never heard of it, but it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEWHOO! Congratulations! That is super duper awesome! And I'm sorry you don't like to write but you do it well and i like your projects and I like the feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You are the perfect little shop owner! Can't wait to see pictures of your booth!

    ReplyDelete