Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : The bare bones

10 feet by 10 feet.

That’s what I have to work with at Market Days. No walls/No tables/No ceiling.

image

Its time to put our thinking hat on and figure out how I am going to make a 10 by 10 space feel inviting.

image

See that pink graffiti? Step forward 10 feet and that’s where my market days booth starts. It also backs up to that yellow railing (which blocks off a loading ramp).

It’s a blank canvas… to say the least. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this space and I think its so very perfect for this event but it does lend itself a challenge for a vendor.

So, where is my head at? The biggest must is separation of space that doesn’t involve 8ft tables or a tailgate tent. Next in line would be a very inviting space. I want to draw customers in rather than just have people pass by.

I started thinking wood posts with feet to hold them upright and then I found this old pottery barn picture. My dad is going to build the arbor for me and bring it up in pieces for my mom and I to assemble at the sight. Obviously I wont have pretend kitchen/market items.

I love how flow-y the white linens are on this arbor and I think I will most likely use some type of cheese cloth or vintage sheets as the canopy (like the pink sheet in the picture above)

Who doesn’t love a good bunting? I already have a fabric bunting from a shower I threw a few years ago, the rest you see above is from crepe paper or tissue paper. Easy peasy!

I also have a few old doors that will serve as a backdrop also. Who doesn’t love a good old door??

Now, if I could just get all my pieces finished then we would be in business… literally.

Tell me this, what catches your eye? Anything fun and whimsical you think I am missing?

 

Ps all images found on my pinterest

No comments