Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Renew : Sofa Table

Work has been taking me all over – so please excuse my absence. You missed me, I can tell.

No worries, Im back now and ready to show you my newest renew

IMG_6699

Estate sale find that was in good shape to begin with – just needed a little updating

IMG_6694

Cherry wood isn't my thing – at the moment – so I figured a little paint and distressing would serve it well

IMG_6723

I decided to strip the top/sand it and stain with a dark stain. I used Annie Sloan Barcelona and Aubusson Blue also topped with a dark stain. The orange barcelona doesn’t show a ton until you look at the distress up close.

IMG_6710

I love the little hint of color is gives hiding under the blue.

IMG_6707

IMG_6722

IMG_6724

IMG_6721

Isnt that such a fun makeover? The stain took the blue darker than it was originally but I like the depth it adds especially with the heavy distressing.

I’ll be back tomorrow with some more projects and status updates… lots been going on round yonder ;)

4 comments

  1. Nice job!

    I have a sofa table just like this but in a ligher finish. It came from Eathan Allen stores in the 1970's.

    I'll be painting mine soon!

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO DO!! I have the same table I have "inherited" from my husband's house.. I'm ready to make it mine. Actually, I was just going to toss it...or consign it...but after googling and finding this, I am excited to make this table my own!! Can you share more about how you "stressed" it... and what you put on the top to strip it? I have never done any of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a basic stipper (arisol can) with gloves and sprayed it very liberally all over and then scraped. After it was peeled there was still a bit of goo left. I waited for it to dry and then sanded my life away. If you are painting any of it then those parts wont need to be stripped. Make sure to prime the wood if you arent using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The distressed look is from sanding after the paint was dry and then a coat of stain was added. Shoot me an email if you have more questions! Good luck

      Delete