Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Crazy Day

Work is busy – life is crazy – and my dog is at DAYCARE (Ill give you the low down on Friday) haha!

Needless to say I am only popping in quickly to show you one (out of 4) of the pieces I finished for a client.

She insisted on bright colors. Teal was definitely the way to go.

If it were me the bottom would have a dark stain on it giving it a more distressed look but that would in turn tone down the brightness of the blue that she really wanted.

No stain was the way to go

IMG_6588 

IMG_6589

IMG_6594

IMG_6595

The table was in decent shape. Nothing a good sanding and painting couldn’t fix. I love the lines on the top of the table – very curvy and feminine.

IMG_6653

IMG_6655

The teal/blue is bright but pulling a bit brighter in these pictures. Its more of a soft teal than a crayon ocean blue.

IMG_6657

IMG_6659

IMG_6658

So what do you think? Pretty good transformation if I do say so myself…

I would have liked to see it a bit more distressed – like I said earlier about the stain – but I think this will be right up her alley.

IMG_6589

IMG_6655

I think I range all over the board when it comes to glossy and crisp vs distressed and aged..

Where do you fall? More of a black glossy type décor or rustic and distressed?

2 comments

  1. i think i'm more of a rustic distressed type. although, anything you seem to transform i love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Averi! I like the imperfections of distressed a lot - easier on the painter ;)

      Delete