Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Fire Engine Red

These three tiered carts are becoming uber popular. They really are so fun and retro… when they don’t look like a big rust bucket

IMG_6574

IMG_6576

IMG_6579

Ideally this should be sandblasted to remove all the rust junk – around here it would cost about $15 to get it all removed.

Since my client wasn’t feeling the extra $15 I resorted to Rustoleum

IMG_6612

This is a rust reformer BASE that will keep the rust from coming through on your finished piece. The only downside is that it only comes in black. If you are painting with a lighter color you will want to put this on first and then a light primer to bring the base back up. Make sense?

After a little reforming action this baby got glossy.

IMG_6679

IMG_6680

IMG_6681

IMG_6577IMG_6684

Gotta love a good transformation – wouldn’t this look great in a utility room? Or maybe in a smaller kitchen as the island!

7 comments

  1. so cute!!! once again another sara-mazing transformation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cute! You are a miracle worker with a bottle of spray paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've never seen the rust spray before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live this! I've never seen the rust spray before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like to get all my really rusty stuff sandblasted but this is a great alternative! It seals it so that the rust wont come through on your finished paint job!!

      Delete
  5. I love the red! Way back when you were just a twinkle in your momma's eye, I had one of those carts, in lovely avocado green. Wish I had it now, you could paint it red and I could use it to hold my printers in my "office".

    ReplyDelete