Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Take a seat

Its true.

The chairs are complete.

Kind of.

There are still a few things I would like to fix (ie glue the excess fabric to the underside of the chair so it doesn’t stick out)

BUT they are pulled up nicely to the table and if you sit on them they wont break.

I call that a big step forward.

Remember how gross they were?

IMG_0051

Then they got all blasted like crazy.

IMG_0122

Painted to look like new.

IMG_0287

And now they are all covered and presto changeo they are FINISHED!

IMG_5691

I chose neutral fabrics (shocking, I know) with the back and base being a caramel color with a chevron stitching and the backs are a pearly velvet. I reallllllly love them a lot. Not only are they comfy but they aren't bulky either making the room look bigger!

IMG_5084

IMG_5697

IMG_5688

IMG_5689

You’ll notice the nail head trim – swoon.

Let me tell yah though, that stuff sure isn't easy to put in when you are combining two separate fabrics and it is the glue between the two.

However, I got it done and I like it a lot even with the imperfections

IMG_5692

IMG_5693

IMG_5695

So one last before and after look…

IMG_0059

IMG_5690

And the cost break down for all those curious:

Four Chairs: $40

Sandblasting: $25

Paint: $15

Fabric: $80

Nail Head Trim: $8

Batting: $40

Total: $208

Seems like a lot but considering all the chairs I was finding were in the $50-$80 range it doesn't seem like much at all. PLUS I could have cut costs by not using high end fabric which ran me a pretty penny AND I didn’t use any coupons for the batting which could have also saved a bit (hobby lobby 40% etc)

Needless to say I am happy and $208 over two months is not as hard to manage as $250 in a day

3 comments

  1. I can't believe they charged you $40 bucks for those POS chairs!! They should have been free! They were garbage because you got your magical little paws on them, SHEESH!

    And yes, I agree, I liked the dining room before, but it DOES seem bigger with the neutral chairs now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, they DO make the room seem larger! Great job, Sarah! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres chic! I love the outcome. The lines of the chairs are great. And you picked the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete