Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Hired Help

Saturday while doing my usual roam around Home Depot, I saw they had TEN GALLON Japanese Maples for $80 bucks – half off yo!

I picked and prodded and wished and wanted but no can do. Ten gallon is large and my little jeep couldn’t handle it, plus who would plant that sucker?

After running a few more errands I came home to meet my lawn boys dad – long story – so he could trim up my over grown grass. A while into conversation he mentioned seeing those trees on sale to which I got all excited telling him I loved those babies buuuuut with no way to get it home and to plant it. His response – Ill go get it and plant it for you – whhhhhat?

No joke. I didn’t even have to beg, plead, bat my eyes, or even ask – the guy just offered. I did ask him how much he would want for picking it up and planting that sucker to which he said “whatever you think is fair”… I don’t have a clue what is fair so I offered $50 and he said sure!

He even offered to haul off a bunch of my left over remodel junk and come back later to dig up some saplings that have growing in random – not wanted – places.

Glory Halleluiah – who knew God sent angels in the form of lawn boy dads

Now I give you the Maple de Japanese

IMG_0321

IMG_0320

IMG_0322

2012-05-09

IMG_0326

IMG_0323

IMG_0325

3 comments

  1. Ty is obsessed with Japanese Red Maples. What an amazing price! I wonder if they still have any...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out - its such a good price for a tree in general but a fantastic one for a Japanese Maple!!!

      Delete
  2. That is a great story!! I love helpful people! I didn't think 10 gallons was that big until I saw the picture though, that tree is huge! lol

    ReplyDelete