Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Outdoor Updates

Working in the yard is back breaking work. Seriously – I wreaked my back on Monday night planting this silly little blueberry bush. Okay, so maybe it was more the lifting of the soil and compost but still my back is on the mend… slowly

When I  was home my mom and I stopped by a local nursery to grab some plants for my grandma. Little did we know on the clearance table would be a Pink Lemonade Blueberry bush. Half off and already blooming!

Lets be serious – there was no thinking twice if this was coming home with me or not.

IMG_5801

IMG_5802

IMG_5822

IMG_5823

IMG_5824

IMG_5803

IMG_5825

The pot came from Lowes (even though I was disappointed in the their selection) and in it I put organic soil and mushroom compost.

*********************************************************************************

Now for a straw bale garden update…

Things are growing like CRAZY – even the grass seeds

On the right you'll see the veggies – tomato plants are starting to vine down but at the moment they are taking the peppers with them… gotta steer them in the right direction

IMG_5804

IMG_5806

IMG_5808

IMG_5811

Cucumber plant starting to vine – YAY

I have been having issues with little knat type bugs on the underside of my veggies. They weren't really eating the plants up but just pesky. I grabbed this organic insect killer and it seems to be working. It safe for veggies up to the day of harvest so I have been spraying it every couple days to kill any new buggies.

IMG_5826

*****************************************************************************

I recently transplanted a bunch of monkey grass around the patio. The patio is such a big slab of concrete that I wanted to disguise it a bit. I think once the monkey grass gets settled and starts growing it will fit the bill perfectly.

To me it already softens the look of the patio – maybe next ill pull up the grass around that area and make it look more like a flower bed… who knows

IMG_5814

IMG_5816

IMG_5817

IMG_5818

IMG_5819

**********************************************************************

Once I potted my blueberry bush and the monkey grass I realized it would need to be watered most every day and my soaker hose I use for the garden wasn’t going to cut it.

When I was at Lowes I grabbed a faucet splitter and now I am able to use both hoses together or separately. Works like a charm!

0

IMG_5829

Anyone been working in the yard as of late??

No comments