Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

The bed that almost killed me

2 flower beds, one tiller, 15 bags of cow poop at 40 lbs each, a 5 solar lights later – I thought my life had ended.

I don’t think I have sweat as much as I did on Sunday in my entire life… combined

But its done. They looks all tilled and ready for plants.

The pictures can do all the talking today because well they are more entertaining than this mess (me)

IMG_0292

IMG_0293

IMG_0294

IMG_0295

IMG_0296

IMG_0297

IMG_0298

IMG_0299

IMG_0300

IMG_0301

IMG_0303

IMG_0304

IMG_0305

And just because I can… lets see the flower bed evolution starting with the day I got the keys

IMG_2848

Next I laid out where I wanted the beds to go

 

 

IMG_5248

And now the final product

IMG_0299

2 comments

  1. 600 pounds of cow poop. (Yes I whipped out the calculator). Freaking DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's a lot of poop.

    And you are so genius, you actually laid out the poop where it was supposed to go in the yard, LOL. I probably would have dragged all of the bags to each spot individually!

    I have to say, I am really impressed with your ability to be so motivated and to do this on your own. To do these things without a partner is hard. Kind of like parenting as a single mom. Things you thought you were share with someone, you are banging them out on your own, no problem.

    I backpacked through Europe when I was in college, and after a couple times, all by myself. Originally I kept waiting and waiting for "someone" to come along who would want to go with me. That person didn't show up. My sister's friend went to London alone and suddenly I was struck with the idea, I could too! So I did, and it was hard, ("I can do hard things") but I did it and it was great and I am so glad I did.

    I am now in the same place you were, maybe a year ago? I want to buy a house and I am tired of waiting for "someone" who may never come, to come along. I need to move on and let go of my expectations. I can do this on my own. You did it, and I can too. To be a single woman building a home is amazing and you are totally inspiring me. You can do this... I can do this too.

    I really can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easily the hardest labor I have done alone - but it didnt (completely) kill me. Its not a walk in the park being a single female working on a house alone. My parents are 5 hours away so its not as though I have help every weekend. I have about zero upper body strength so if I can pull this off anyone can.

      If you are seriously considering buying a house then do it - dont wait for someone to come along because then you will regret that you never did it.

      Accomplishing stuff like this on your own is empowering - you will realize you are MUCH more capable than you ever thought.

      Good luck, friend!

      Delete