Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Granny Bed

My aunt and uncle are currently in the process of downsizing (hints the house I sold on CL) and so they have some extra furniture that needs a good home.

Granny’s bed is one of those pieces.

It is my great grandmothers bed that my uncle wants to keep in the family. So, when I was asked if I needed a full sized bed I jumped at the opportunity. Not only is the bed easy on the decorators eye, but is also smaller than the Queen sized bed I had in the guest room that was taking up just too much space.

IMG_6343

So last weekend I had a fun Saturday morning complete with taking down my bed moving the smaller Queen frame in my room and getting Granny's bed set up in the guest room.

IMG_6345

I love the four pollster bed – so much so that I even thought about putting it in my bed room. Too bad my Queen mattress is uber comfy and the full mattress from granny’s bed is as old as… well granny.

IMG_6346

I'm thinking the doors need to come out now and the bed should lay against the wall instead of caddy corner.

Who knows – maybe Ill get a fabulous full mattress and move that sucker into my room.

IMG_0744

IMG_0745

So, what do you think? Should Granny’s bed stay as a guest or get upgraded to the master??

1 comment

  1. I think it looks great! And I actually like it against the doors like that.

    ReplyDelete