Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Master Bedroom: Accents

The master isnt quite complete but its getting there. Slowly but surely

Today I have an accent wall and super cute lamp for ya!

The lamp I found at a garage sale for $1 – the shade was at my favorite thrift store 2 for $3 – and the bulb is a great Home Depot find.

 

I think all together the entire lamp make over ran me somewhere around $12.

IMG_6475

IMG_6477

Zoomed: Feit Electric 60-Watt Daylight Decorative Incandescent Light Bulb

I love the shade without a cover and these bulbs really allow you to not have a true lamp shade and still be able to see – most lights would blind you

IMG_6488

IMG_6496

IMG_6491

You can see them pretty clear in all these pictures… the shutters.

My mom found them on craigslist in Dallas for $5 a pop – $40 later we were in business.

When we were tossing the idea around, I wasn’t quite sure in my mind how it would actually turn out. I knew painted shutters had potential for sure, but this much? I was surprised.

IMG_6484

It happened on a whim that they got painted orange… and ombre just fed from that. I love it. Its loud for sure and not for everyone – but they were SUPER easy to put up and can come down whenever I change my mind.

IMG_6473

For now the fact that they cover up an off centered window was enough for me.

Yes – a little light does peak through but its easily fixable. I am just lazy

IMG_6483

I think this room is really coming along!

Anyone else done random projects with shutters?

2 comments

  1. Love it! Now you have me wanting to incorporate shutters into my new room decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! The room looks amazing! (P.S. What builder puts in an off-centered window?) I love the bright colors. You're really becoming an inspiration to us all. And yes, when turned upside down shutters make a great letter/picture/mail holder. Just slap a piece of wood on the back so the paper doesn't fall through. (wink)

    ReplyDelete