Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

No Sew T-shirt Tank

Ever since college, I have managed to work out semi regularly. It comes and goes but I try at minimum to get 3 days of physical activity in a week.

Granted there are many weeks it just doesn’t happen.

Lately, I have been hitting it hard. I have been averaging 5 days a week in the gym getting my sweat on.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the $$ to get 5 – 6 days worth of work out tops. As gross as it may sound, I tend to re-wear tops and shorts because its easier that way.

If you are anything like me you have an overload of t-shirts that are gym wearable but I really dislike the sleeves – I'm a tank top work out kina girl.

Recently I found a solution to my “need more than two shirts to wear to the gym”.

Transform all those old t-shirts into tank tops!

I started with a t-shirt that I just don’t ever wear

IMG_6388

Grabbed a tank that fits well

And lined up the seams on the top of the tank to the seams on the top of the t-shirt

IMG_6390

IMG_6391

This gives me a good template to cut from

IMG_6392

If you have ever tried this – then you know the neck and back are the two hardest parts to cut. This is why I feed my shirt into the tank and use the tank as a pattern of sorts

IMG_6393

IMG_6394

IMG_6395

After cutting the back (cut in through the sleeves) you’ll stop at the top seam and use this as a guide to help cut the front sleeve off

IMG_6396

IMG_6397

IMG_6398

After cutting the front sleeves off, I fold the shirt to make sure the bottom of the arm cut out (side seams) match up. No need to have wonky arm pit circles

IMG_6399

Perfect match!

IMG_6403

There you have it! a No sew tank! I like it when the edges curl in – if you aren't a fan of that then you could seam up the sides.

You will notice I didn’t take out the bottom seam – this is mainly to keep your new tank for riding up.

IMG_6413

IMG_6416

IMG_6417

IMG_6421

I really like these tanks – it’s the lightweight fabric of a t-shirt and the fit of a tank! Not to mention its so easy – FREE – and comfy comfy!

Anyone searching for their scissors now?

1 comment

  1. Great idea- and tutorial! For a mama in need of some postpartum workouts, I'm breaking out my scissors right now- or after I finish this brownie. Hey now.

    ReplyDelete