Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Meet my best friend…

… Spray Paint.

If you DIY then you know the importance of a good spray paint.

My personal favorite is Rust-o-leum. Pure perfection.

I have had some brass fixtures in my garage for a while now. I don’t ever pass up an item just because its brass – that’s one of the easiest things to fix.

This candle stick was given to me from a friend – it was left over at her grandmothers estate sale.

IMG_6360

Its nothing to write home about… or at least not yet…

IMG_6363

Add a little primer and paint and you are in business

2012-07-03

Which one of these is not like the rest??

IMG_6371

The back two I bought for $10 each at Marshals (which is a steal in and of itself) Add on my pretty spray painted babe and we are in business

IMG_6377

Next up we have a cute bamboo basket I got from an estate sale almost a YEAR ago. I know I know. Terrible

IMG_6355

IMG_6356

IMG_6357

I think most items in my house have had a little sticker on the bottom at one time or another. #thrifterforlife

Prime and paint that bad boy – Now to decide what to put in it

2012-07-031

Fruit? Decorative touches? Remote?

IMG_6381

IMG_6383

IMG_6387

I really like the pop of pink. It’s a color I don’t use much but every time I do I gain a new appreciation for it.

Next to see their spray painting future: a lamp and some outdoor lanterns.

My mom is in town for the weekend and considering she usually whips me into shape you should be prepared to see lots of projects on the blog next week.

Just a little sample:

-  master bedroom overhaul

- accent wall… with a twist

- furniture face lifts

- yard love

- maybe a little paint here and there

I am tired just thinking about it all

See you cats on Monday!

1 comment

  1. Amen to the spray paint! I've always got a can or two laying around. And it's commonplace for my husband to suddenly look outside and see me spraying something down- a table, a chair, whatever. Sometimes I just get an itchin'. And it's the perfect way to revamp an entire room just by changing up the color on one accessory. Holla, girl.

    ReplyDelete