Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Whiskey Business

There is a new liquor store opening up close to my office downtown named Whiskey Business – isn't that perfect? The name – not the location of a liquor store in relation to my office.

The name seems even more fitting with my new flower pot endeavor.

See, I have these hideous downspouts on either side of my garage and anything to disguise them would be a step in the right direction. Why not add large colorful flower pots to take away the harshness of those white pipes?

IMG_5168

Side note – who knew that large flower pots could run you upwards of $100 bucks?! Gracious… I am in the wrong line of work

Due to the high price of pretty clay pots I was left to find something fitting for my yard that wouldn’t break the bank.

Enter Jack Daniels

IMG_5184

At $30 a pop (pun intended!) these rustic wooden pots were right up my alley. I loved not only the warn wood but also the metal fastenings around the sides. Really compliments the new garage door if I do say so myself.

IMG_5186

IMG_5187

Because all plants need a pot that drains, holes were drilled in the bottom of each barrel

IMG_5185

Next up a combination of compost and potting soil

IMG_5196

IMG_5194

Then the plants – ahhhh so pretty

 

IMG_5188

IMG_5190

IMG_5192

IMG_5211

And because we all love a good before and after – lets see how much those pots (and new garage door) really help out in the curb appeal department

IMG_5129

IMG_5244

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to give you more of a visual on the flower beds. After I posted yesterday I realized it was hard to really see the WHOLE picture – as in what I was talking about with the two beds complimenting each other.

IMG_5250

See how the right side starts in line with the left?

IMG_5249

The ditch dug to outline the bed and hopefully get some sort of paver (that’s a whole nother story) to outline the flower beds.

IMG_5247

 

IMG_5248

Don’t mind the painters tape still on the right window – still have one last room of trim painting to do :)

Now just close your eyes and imagine all the grass in the flower beds dead and gone and all the actual dead grass in my yard sprouting like crazy… Funny how things work like that. The stuff you need dead is thriving and the stuff you want to thrive is dead!

No comments