Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Project Front Yard

It has started… the front yard that had one lonely little bush is getting a makeover – starting with that bush.

IMG_5175

I contemplated leaving this sucker in place because, well, plants are expensive and why kill a good thing. Unfortunately, that bush was wayyyy too close to the house and I wasn’t exactly sure how to work around it. There was even talk of relocating it but its big and that would have been more work than I really wanted to do.

IMG_5176

So out it came.

Seems so bare there now. The smallest, errr largest, bushes can really make a difference in the appearance of a landscape.

IMG_5181

IMG_5182

IMG_5183

Next up the water hose flower bed layout. It was time to figure out what the heck I was going to do with the other side of the yard. My mom had the idea to bring the flower bed down even with the one on the left (where that bush just got axed) and then curve it up and around. We played around with the shape a bit and then got it to where I like it.

IMG_5177

Both sides will be full flower beds – no grass. In the not to distant future you might see a tree - or three - going in.

IMG_5178

When buying the house I never really considered if I wanted to get something that already had landscaping started or not but now that I am working with a completely open palate I am pleased. It is much easier to start from scratch… but also much more expensive.

Give me three – or ten – years and maybe this yard will start coming together.

Now to kill all that grass, put down pavers, and try to disguise those darn down spouts!

Anyone else taking on yard projects lately?

5 comments

  1. I can relate! Our front yard is a sad hodge podge! We put a backyard in this past fall, and I am working on a veggie garden for the back as well. So for now, the front yard is on the back burner.

    Costco had a some great trees at really great prices last weekend, if you have one nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a slowwww process for sure. I had heard about Costco having great prices on trees, I think I am going to have to look into that! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! So in helping Patrick clean up his front yard, decided to get rid of a 5-6 foot cedar tree (i think that what it is). He doesn't want to kill it and was wondering if its possible to uproot such a tree and re plant it. We thought maybe a landscaper would like it, or now after reading this blog perhaps Sarah? Let me know!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free tree? I might have to take you up on that offer - let me look into it!

      Delete
  3. I am starting the landscaping process as well! Lots and lots of work to do!

    ReplyDelete