Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Open Sesame take 2

The garage door guys came out last Monday over lunch and priced a new garage door with installation for me. It took no more than 30 minutes for him to measure, me to pick out a door, and him to price it all out for me.

Fast forward to Friday morning – the guys were at my house at 9am sharp to install the new door. They not only replaced the door but the tracks that it opened on and added an opener/motor so I no longer had to open the door manually. And to think they did it all while I was at work. Yep, that’s right. I locked the garage door entry to the house and left the big garage door unlocked when I left for work. The guys were able to lift open the garage (which lacks in housing valuables) and get to work.

Now I have an easy access into the house and I feel even more secure being home alone!

IMG_5130

Before

IMG_5164

After

Such a difference! No more chippy paint – even though chippy paint does have a special place in my heart…

IMG_5137

Before

IMG_5167

After

IMG_5168

The door before didn’t have a seal to keep out water or wind – it was original to the house and I guess they didn’t need that back then?! The new door, however, has a nice snug seal that sits on the outside of the door to keep all the elements outside the garage.

IMG_5134

Before

IMG_5170

After

I honestly didn’t realize that a) it would make such a difference in the appearance of my house and b) that the choice between windows and no windows on the door would be so difficult.

I wrestled with that last one y’all. I'm talking changed my mind multiple times but in the end I liked the lower price that no windows offered and the added security. This way no one can see in and (not that it would do them any good) no one can break a window trying to get in.

IMG_5171

IMG_5174

What a beauty – even more beautiful is the garage door opener in my Jeep – halleluiah!

7 comments

  1. Wow it's so pretty! I love the door you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I wanted something a little more detailed than the norm but I kept wondering if it went with the style of the house. Im a little smitten now that its up!

      Delete
  2. I love that door! I don't think I've ever see one like that but it's so cute! Can't wait to see a full house shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Hopefully I'll get some yard work done in the next week or so and we can get a full house shot that incorporates more than... well weeds...

      Delete
  3. SARAH,

    who did you use? can i ask how much it was for the new install? it looks perfect! good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used overhead door and they were fantastic! I had to get an opener (to actually open the door not just the clicker) and the garage door but with everything together it was $785 - I didnt do any comparison shopping because I had heard great things about them and knew HD or Lowes would run me quite a bit more than that!

      Delete