Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Tips and Tricks {no mess painting}

This trick might be common knowledge – who knows, and maybe I am not the only one who always buys disposable paint trays – ALWAYS

I hate washing out brushes and really hate washing out roller trays so I almost always buy the disposable inserts.

Then I ran out of money. $8 for inserts… that’s like two weeks worth of sonic happy hour

So I got creative. Enter tinfoil. Again, this might be common knowledge.

Tin foil lined paint trays ACTUALLY work! I thought there had to be a reason I hadn't heard of this before and maybe that’s because it didn’t work, but not so… IT DOES!

paint label

I foil lined my paint stained roller tray and used it the entire time I painted a very large piece of furniture. Not once did it move, tear, stick to my roller – nothing.

IMG_5015

IMG_5016

After I was done I simply rolled it up and threw it away.

IMG_5018

Badda bing badda boom!

IMG_5019

Not only did this save time but it saved some hassle too. Now lets think of a way to never ever have to wash paint brushes, ideas that don’t include throwing away expensive paint brushes

1 comment

  1. Hi there! Didn't know if you knew the trick that you can refrigerate your brushes, rollers and paint trays in between coats of paint. It is glorious. You can wrap them in a plastic bag or put them in a leftover plastic container. If you've never done it, try it. It is life changing. And yes, I am completely willing to stand by that bold statement!

    ReplyDelete