Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Face Lift {Cedar Chest}

When I got this cedar chest for a whopping $30 I knew it had great potential – I just didn’t know it had THIS much potential.

IMG_5092

Its cute and compact and have a cushion top that is great for a little seat. Before the cushion was covered in an unfortunate black vinyl esq fabric that just didn’t do it justice.

IMG_4393

Nothing about this cedar chests’ before does it justice but that’s what is so great about refurbishing furniture – its all about taking something to its greatest potential. What is even better is how cost effective you can do it. Giving something a face lift doesn’t have to break the bank.

IMG_4392

Lets take this chest for example – $30 half off at an estate sale, $4.00 remnant fabric from Hobby Lobby, 1 can Rustoleum primer, and 1 can Rustoleum paint = $40. Even better, I didn’t buy all of that at once – it was a little here and a little there.

Next thing you know, you have a great staple piece that provides the best storage EVER and even gives your guests a place to put their bags when they come and stay.

IMG_5088

The only thing left to really complete this project are some cute knobs for the bottom drawer – you can BARELY see the drawer outline if you look really hard.

IMG_5089

IMG_5090

I LOVED the fabric when I purchased it – but like anything else I recently saw some that I loved even more. I decided to keep with my remnant fabric instead though – with the thought that not everything in my house needed to have the same style and color family… that’s boring.

The paint is the same color as my drawer turned magnet board, though.

IMG_5091

IMG_5094

IMG_5097

This project took me a total of 3 hours MAX spread out over two days – it was so easy and super doable for any skill level.

Anyone else get something scratched off their to-do list this weekend without breaking the bank?!

No comments