Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Up and Coming

My momma is coming into town tomorrow and there are sooo many projects in the que. Lots of painting, nailing, decorating, organizing, and refurbishing - its going to be glooooorious I tell yah.




Not more glorious than this awesome find my momma picked up




What's that you see??? Yes, that is 8 separate wooden window blinds. All different sizes, some usable and some not but the best part about all of this... they were FREE. I swear that woman can find a deal with her eyes closed and hands tied behind her back.

Here is the kicker... those blinds retail for (at minimum) $40 for one window. Now lets do some math and multiply that times 8... That's $320 in binds. Say whaaaa?

Even better... the ones I don't use I can craigslist and get a few bucks outta the deal.

==================================================

On a completely opposite note - my washer flooded my laundry room on Sunday night. Panic ensued but after the plumbers came yesterday I was able to rest easy knowing it was just a clogged drain. I don't have a penny to my name after this moving in stuff, so knowing at this moment it wouldn't cost me a dime was very nice.

Okay - I am off to do more laundry (now that I can and all...)

2 comments

  1. depending on the kind of blind, they can sometimes be cut down at home depot on a special machine they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know - the ones in my bathroom I bought at HD and had them cut to size but these are actually a fraction shorter than my windows. Some are just plain too small but then there are those gems that actually fit!!!

      Delete