Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Things I have learned

Its been almost a full week of living at Twenty One Fifty Nine and I have come to learn a few things about living in an older home.

1. Wood floors are COLD. Seriously, y'all, I wear socks all the time and I am currently debating between a home decor and these


2. Organizing a kitchen is like trying to catch a falling star = impossible

3. A couch is a must. Two pink chairs squished front to front does not make a comfy lounging environment.



4. When your house is on crawl space it takes years... no decades.... for the water to get hot. Seriously

5. This bed was the most comfortable estate sale buy of my life



6. Not parking in a garage makes your mornings that much more unbearable. A cold steering wheel is not pleasant ever.

7. When my bonus arrives a new working garage door will be installed. See above for clarification.

8. It takes no time to get into a routine but I am not sure how long it takes to actually feel like home instead of vacation

9. I need more furniture. Night stands, Dressers, Side tables, and dinning chairs just the name a few.

10. Having your own home r.o.c.k.s

Happy Friday, Friends

4 comments

  1. If you're looking for cheap furniture that you can fix up easily try going to Midtown Flea or Value Thrift Store (both are in our neck of the woods). Midtown Flea is directly north of Tally's restaurant at 11th and Yale and she gets great garage and estate sale furniture. Value Thrift store is on 11th and Memorial and they have some great furniture buys if you catch them at the right time. I got an unfinished wood nightstand there last week for $6.98 that I'm going to paint with some leftover paint from another project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have hard wood floors. Slippers are a MUST! I love the Ugg slippers but my sister got me these.
    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/simplyveraverawang/accessories/slippers/PRD~930412/Simply+Vera+Vera+Wang+Military+LaceUp+Bootie+Slippers.jsp
    They are a great alternative until I feel like shelling out the big bucks for the Uggs! Congrats on the house, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've seen this, right? We're hoping to do this to an Ikea couch if we find on in the as-is section (if you have Ikea by you, the as-is is the BEST! And they constant circulate out floor models and they aren't in bad shape at all - usually you save like at least 25% off the original price - frequently closer to 33-40%) http://www.ourmidcentury.com/2011/03/our-new-karlstad-sofa-hack.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that duvet cover!!! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete