Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Small changes - Big results

Y'all - work has been crazy lately. That hasn't stopped me from making house progress - just maybe stopped me from blogging about it.

Here are two small tweaks that made a HUGE statement.

First up we have floor vents. OOOOOhhhh exciting. The floor vents I have are old, like the rest of the house, and rusty ... and maybe a little dirty too. When  I was getting my floors refinished I asked to get flush mount vents added in - which match the color of the wood and are hardly noticeable at all. My floor guy informed me that you get significantly less air flow with flush mount vents and though they were $20 a vent for him to install he would suggest I stayed with what I had.


I loved that I could trust my floor company not to take me for every dollar I had but at the same time I needed to improvise.

I grabbed a can of Rustolem Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and, after washing all the vents, went to town giving them a new life.



It is sooo odd how much of a difference spray painting a few vents could make. My floors honestly looked a million times better and FINISHED. Before they were more like a great round of botox on a toothless woman.


Second major improvement - Wallpapered ceilings. I know most of you just gasped and can't believe I would do such a thing. After trying to stick the first sheet on the ceiling I was asking myself the same thing. Good thing my mother has all the brains in our duo and was able to align the paper without near as many expletives as her offspring.


To say this little diddy takes this space up a notch is the understatement of the century. It still needs to be painted, but boy howdy does this room look a million times better!





Oh what is that you say? The chandelier... yes, shes a beauty, isn't she. You can thank Santa for that. I might still drool every time I see her - she sure does light up a room (pun intended)


Alrighty kids, tomorrow - painted doors and new trim - yipee!

5 comments