Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Purple Overnight

Taking time and writing out a "how to" of sorts for the board and batten would be nice but I am too tired to even remember my name - so you'll get a lot more pictures than words today.

** fair warning: majority of the "I's" you can replace with "my mom" NO WAY could I have ever done this on my own

Of all the projects I have done this is the lowest cost project that gave the biggest bang. My dinning room does not look anything like this anymore


I cant even belive that is from the same house!

Three sheets of 1/2" MDF, wood glue, nail gun, and a level was all I really used for this entire transformation.

Granted I did paint the wall that would be exposed first - so add paint to that list.



My Dad pre cut the MDF sheets for me in 2 1/2", 3", and 7 1/2" strips that I used and then cut to the wall length needed. I made sure to sand all the edges before hanging them and if I would have had the space I would have primed them before. There are lots of blogs that stress the importance of priming before, but I didnt think it was all that awful priming the boards after they were hung.

I did a 7 1/2" floor trim with quarter round and then 2 1/2" vertical slats hung 12" apart and topped it off with 3" horizontal trim and a 2 1/2" shelf.



Personally, I think the shelf is what really makes it. Its small enough so that you wont run into it constantly but extended enough that you can put pictures and what not on it to display.

I don't have final pictures to show today but I do have progress pictures but don't fret I will have those tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.










the biggest life saver EVER


before spackling

after spackling

late night dinner of champions

because primer looks so awesome



1 comment

  1. Please explain to me why you aren't working as an interior decorator yet. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete