Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Craft Room {Stripes}

Originally my goal was to slowly get all the rooms painted. HA!

I figured to save on money and stress I would just paint them at my leisure and slowly bust surely it would all get done. Then my mom came in town. She made a good point about painting before moving in furniture. Not to mention she has this whole theory of  "while the ceiling paint is out we must paint ALL the ceilings". The point of her theory is all about efficiency. Why clean a brush that has trim paint on it when you have more prim to paint?! Instead just get it all while you are at it instead of coming back around to it 3 weeks later.

That being said - we painted EVERY wall in my house. This includes, but is not limited to, the bathroom, all bedrooms, ceilings, vents, hallways, and living room. We also painted the craft room. (Sorry the color is so bad on these next few photos - I chalk it up the the greatness that is the IPhone)



I had a whim one day and decided out of nowhere to paint a greyish tan taupe color in the craft room with smaller white stripes to make it match. In my head the white stripes would be the size of the tape and therefore we wouldn't have to do a whole lot of measuring.



Two rolls of two inch painters tape and some "Tony Taupe" paint later, and we were in business.



Our system went something like this: Mom holds laser level - Sarah tries to tape on said laser line - Mom stretches and moves laser level - Sarah accidentally rips the tape - Mom adjusts again - Laser is finally re level - Line taped off.



It was a trying process but we got it.

Typically I am a big fan of Scotchs blue painters tape and this time even paid more for the edge lock tape for newly painted surfaces.



One room of tan/white lines later, I wasnt impressed. There was leakage and there was newly painted surfacing peeling. Had this tape not been DOUBLE the price of the regular tape I would have written off my loss but seeing as the two rolls I bought totaled just over $20 I was set on getting my money back - and that I did.



Line bleeding and paint peeling aside - I really like the thick and thin stripes. Now I would just like to see it all put together with this up on the wall.


Thats a chalk board (read: slab of slate) that my grandfather had in his woodworking shop FOREVER. The writing that is on it is actually written by yours truely 15 years ago. I love that he kept it for so long.


PS. Here is a behind the scenes door painting shot I forgot to show you yesterday. Gotta love a good Jimmy Rig!



3 comments

  1. You have made quite the progress! I love looking at all of your updates! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paint tape really does suck. your almost better off just free handing it! What a marketing scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have convinced me that some sort of stripes need to happen in my bedroom. LOVING following all your progress, this is going to be one fabulous home!

    ReplyDelete