Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

There she is...

... okay so my dining room can't stand a chance in the running for Miss America but she sure is just as pretty!

Yesterday I gave you the run down on how I hung the board and batten - today you get to see the final project!








I love the purple against the white and the shelf and the ceiling and the... well EVERYTHING

The table will get a face lift sooner or later and the chairs are going to change the day I get some mulla in my pocket.

I have this gallery wall - a la Pottery Barn - idea for the ledge and I am thinking all silver/gold frames. So, what you see up on the ledge now wont be there in a month (hopefully)

The ceiling is paintable wallpaper from Lowes that my mother and I adhered to the ceiling (while saying more expletives that I have said in my life time). I then painted it with "Precious Metals - Mirrored Glass" by Martha Stewart.







I love that it looks like an old tin ceiling while also looking updated and fresh. The color also plays off my chandelier and wall color really nicely.

My biggest fear during the ceiling work was that my neck would never straighten back out and I would be stuck looking at the ceiling for the rest of my life. Good for me I'm holding my head upright and I have a banging ceiling to boot!

And because its fun here is another before and after:

16 comments

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! You have done a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it but boy was I cursing that room in the process!

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe how much your house has changed. You have done quite the transformation. You better watch out, people might start asking you to help them! It's seriously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had no place to go but up - thats for sure! I would be down to decorate on someone else's dime... if only I could find a way to make it a full time job with benefits :)

      Delete
  3. This looks great Sarah! So happy that your house is coming together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY COW! You have one gorgeous dining room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the ceiling! I am obsessed with tin ceiling tiles, and think it's brilliant how you recreated the look! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you probably just want to take a week long nap, but I seriously think you would be the best house flipper ever. At the very least you could be the girl with a special segment on This Old House! Bob Villa would be very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am beyond obsessed with that ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to tell ya that this room is AMAZING! Wow! You should congratulate yourself because I know that took a lot of work and it looks fantastic! Great trick for the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful transformation. I love the purple above the wainscoting. What did you do with the wooden hutch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wooden hutch was actually the sellers (the picture was from this listing) but I have one of my own that I use in my "craft" room/office

      Delete
  10. what an amazing makeover! i love your playful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I just saw your blog on DIY Showoff and I have to pin this dining room. I'm a purple lover too but too chicken to paint my walls this color, I think you just gave me the inspiration though! And I am loving your ceiling and board and batten. Wow again. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! I got some sideways looks from people when I said I was going to do purple but now they all love it! I say go for it! If its a deep enough purple it wont stand out like a sore thumb and wont look like an easter project gone wrong.

      Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete