Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

You’ve got mail

Simple weekend projects have become my style. I am over tearing down walls and painting like my life depends on it – instead I am going to stick with the smaller projects. They are cheaper – and faster – and make smaller messes – and don’t require heavy lifting – yep small projects it is

IMG_4896

Look how dirty that sucker is.

And that eagle… that eagle that stands out like a sore thumb.

IMG_4905

Oh that eagle.

IMG_4902

IMG_4898

Besides the esthetics – there is nothing wrong with this mailbox so I couldn’t justify buying a new one. Instead I unscrewed it from the brick, cleaned it up, and went to town with some Satin Nickel spray paint

IMG_4918

IMG_4917

I gave thought to a funky color but couldn’t settle on one – I even thought white to match the light fixture but I had a feeling a white mailbox would look dingy in about 2 seconds flat.

IMG_4916

So fresh and so clean and so… easy!

Now that eagle doesn’t stand out like Angelina’s right leg at the Oscars. Yehaw!

5 comments

  1. Replies
    1. ha thanks! Congrats on the babe by the way :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the color you chose. We need a new mailbox very badly. Ours the bottom is about to fall off of it's so rusted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I have seen some cute ones floating around but for the time being it was satin nickel spray paint over here.

      Delete