Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Oooh La La

 

For my 22nd birthday my mom surprised me with three framed portraits that I fell in love with one day while we were out shopping. I loved them so much – and still do – the print that is. The framing wasn't really me anymore. Three years ago I was really into red and black and didn't decorate out of the box much. This time when I put the prints back up (since moving) I wanted to give them a little sexy action.

IMG_4532

Take a yard of lace fabric, white spray paint, and the original mats and you have got yourself all the need materials for sexy time.

 IMG_4530

I literally just laid the fabric over mats and sprayed several light coats – let the paint dry a bit (5ish minutes) – lifted the lace – and wham bam thank you man!

IMG_4617

The lace dries uber fast and is reusable for the rest of the mats.

IMG_4620

I love how the lace “stencil” gives some texture and variation to the mat and also allows the subtle color variation from white to grey to black.

IMG_4616

I love this look so much I might use it on some up coming furniture makeovers. 

IMG_4621 

The good thing about this is that is it almost fool proof. No joke. My only advice is to not move the lace while you are spray painting (duh) and spray in multiple light coats rather than one heavy coat to prevent dripping.

IMG_4618

Has anyone had luck with this method?

1 comment