Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Rugs, Rugs, Rugs…

You are on the edge of your set – I can feel it!

Because, well, you know rugs are so exciting and all.

In all seriousness, I need a rug. A big one that doesn’t cost the same as my mortgage payment. Y’all – rugs can be priceeeey.

Don’t you know I was excited when I headed into Home Depot (which is also known as my second home… behind Lowes of course) and found some banging rugs. I am talking really pretty rugs under $300 – and not $300 for a 3X5 but for an 8X10.

In a house that has nothing but hardwoods a floor covering of sorts is a must. Not to mention it would help my furniture from sliding as much.

Plus, don’t you think rugs are kind of like drapes/curtains – they just help finish out a room!

So, here is what I have found – some I am seriously considering and other I wish I had a place for or the ability to afford them.

Here are the pretty and pricey rugs… le sigh:

flower rug

photo

ms rug

photo-001

 

Rugs I am actually considering (Namely the first, forth, and fifth ones). Keep in mind I am hoping to have a white/off white shag rug in my dining room and a subtle printed rug  in the living room

photo (2)

photo (2)-001

rug 2

rug oneshag rug

Anyone else out there on the lookout for area rugs? Have you been able to find anything affordable and quality? What do you think of the ones above??

9 comments

  1. I've been looking for a rug too. They are so impossible to find! We need a navy or light green one, that isn't shag, that will hid mud prints made by my dog if needed & doesn't cost an arm & leg. Oh and I don't want flowery or oriental. Tall order... :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you thought about a tight weave stripe? There are lots of navy and cream (might be hard to hid mud) striped rugs. I have seen a lot of indoor/outdoor rugs lately too that are mighty nice - that might hold up to the wear and tear of a doggie friend.

      Delete
  2. I'm on the hunt as well. I've been kicking myself for not grabbing the Tommy Bahama rug I saw at Home Goods a few weekends ago... They had it for $150, and later I saw that the same one retailed for $700 online! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont you know I did something simliar with a rug at Marshall's. How I wish we had a Home Goods though - I could spend my entire day walking the isles

      Delete
  3. I have the bottom rug (off white shag) rug in my house from Home Depot. It was cheap and has lasted 4 years now. I love it!!! While it might be plain, it really makes the room seem bright... and then whatever is on the rug and in the room pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I am pretty sold on that shag - its soft and the shag doesnt seem so long that it would be hard to clean. I love that its lasted that long for you!!!

      Delete
  4. Check these out - Urban Outfitters has cheap 8x10 rugs in a chevron pattern (multiple colors) and a white shag rug too! Free shipping on orders over $50!

    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/faceted_category.jsp?listViewSize=&indexStart=0&sortBy=&sortOrder=&categories=catalog01_apartment&categories2=catalog01_apartment_a_decorate&categories3=catalog01_apartment_a_decorate_a_furn_rugs&categories4=&skucolor_normalized=&brand=&skusize_normalized=820x2010&priceHigh=&priceLow=&silhouettes=&lifestyles=&sleeves=&patterns=&necks=&lengths=&rises=&inseams=&occasions=&fabrications=&minPrice=&maxPrice=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garden Ridge and Overstock have great prices too!

    ReplyDelete