Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Storage Wars

Living in an older home poses some difficulties such as lack of insulation or creaking floors. In my house the biggest issue is lack of storage. And by lack I mean ZERO storage.

When I look for furniture I always make note of potential storage capabilities so when my dad was building my vanity adding side shelves for storage was a must.

IMG_4823

Since moving in the shelves have housed hot rollers, make up bags, and nail polish – not so easy on the eyes.

IMG_4845

Over the weekend I found some khaki bins at Target for $5 each and figured they would be perfect size for the bathroom shelves.

IMG_4850

IMG_4849

No one needs to see everything so these little babies help contain randoms while looking a tad more put together than my hot rollers ever could.

IMG_4852

Lets be honest, khaki isn't really my color… I am currently thinking through all sorts of possibilities to give them a little pop. Paint? Stencil? Fabric? I guess we shall see.

Next on the storage list we have those little odds and ends that hang around on the countertops.

IMG_4835

IMG_4855

Q-tips, toothbrush, tooth paste, and make up brushes – all have a place of their own now.

 

IMG_4839

IMG_4843

IMG_4838

The teal, navy, and silver metallic really make my heart go pitter patter. You know because bathroom storage can do that to you.

5 comments

  1. I have the same problem. Every time I do something in the house I think about how I can make it so that it adds storage. I love the jars for the bathroom! I just pinned them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dresser as an entertainment stand has been my best bet thus far! Gotta get creative to find places to put things away :) thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  2. Two challenges in one! Great job! I am loving the mason jar holders. Trying to figure out where I can do this. The kitchen maybe? Where'd you find the teal jars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from a lady via craigslist! I loved the teal with the navy wall color as a backdrop!

      Delete
  3. Look at you submitting two projects to the Pinterest Challenge! I love what you did here. Don't we all have problems with storage? Seems like there's never enough. Thanks for linking up to the party again! Bonus points!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete