Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Potato Problems

Flood lights aren't exciting but they sure can make you feel safe and secure. Well, wouldn’t you know two of my flood lights in the back yard have gone out. Over the weekend I got a wild hair and decided that it was time to replace my flood lights with the ones I had bought and sought to replace when I moved in two months ago.

Changing a light bulb shouldn’t be hard. Or so I thought.

Unscrew the blub and BAM – glass shattering – the bulb broke in the socket.

IMG_4906

IMG_4907

There is this little known fact that using a potato to help unscrew a broken bulb does the trick..

IMG_4909

.. except in this case.

IMG_4912

I guess a flood light is too large and in charge for my little spud. So rather than replacing the blub I instead got a wasted potato and flood lights that are still sitting in their box ready to go to work.

IMG_4910

Here is where you come in – how do I get the dang thing out? I have tried pliers – a towel – and even thought about taking down the entire thing all together but that proved to be a little more intensive than I thought.

IMG_4913

So – what a girl to do??

No comments