Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Finally

 

She's back and better than ever! My little baby computer had to do to the doctor… well more like the ER and get completely reimaged. Now she’s back and ready to get going.

Let’s start with my new kitchen wall design that I promised you would get to see on Wednesday.

One word. Chevron.

IMG_4672

LOVE IT!

I was surprised how easy this actually was to do and even more surprised that I was able to accomplish it completely on my own.

The “stencil” I used is nothing more than some rectangles connected via Microsoft Word and printed out. Next up, I cut out my boomerang esque image and went to town.

IMG_4651

You’ll notice the painters tape on the side of the “stencil” – that was just to help hold it in place while I taped the outline. At first I thought about tracing the lines and going back to tape them but that idea worked as well as Joan Rivers plastic surgeon.

IMG_4648

Taping complete.

IMG_4654

Have you ever heard of “sealing” your painters tape? You literally just paint over the tape lines with the base color (for me it was the white wall color). This helps your stripe color not to bleed and instead give you crisp lines.

IMG_4658

IMG_4659

IMG_4662

IMG_4660

Its an extra step, yes, but well worth it!

After the tape was sealed and the paint was dry I added my top color.

Here comes the pull out your hair moment.

I have always been told to remove tape when the latex paint is still WET. Not in this case. When I took the tape off it actually took the green paint with it!!! I tried a few different places and with no luck decided to see how it did dry.

IMG_4663

Welp, the green paint stayed in place but the white wall paint peeled right off. Most annoying part of this whole process involved this STUPID tape.

IMG_4665

 

IMG_4666

IMG_4667

After fixing the green that pulled up I went back and freehanded over the white – mainly because I didn’t want to risk taping it off and having one of my previous problems happen again.

IMG_4670

This project is kind of like having a child (or so I think) it made me think to myself “good thing she’s cute”. Had this project been anything less than awesome I would have screamed and kicked those chevron stripes to the curb right along with that stupid painters tape (edge lock variety)

IMG_4673

IMG_4675

IMG_4681

 

Now, who’s headed out this weekend to find some paint and give a wall some spice with chevron?? 

5 comments

  1. Yikes! Sounds pretty traumatic. I would have flipped out for sure. I want to do some stripes in one of our rooms soon & I'm kinda worried about this. Baaaa... thanks for sharing though & it does look amazing now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think it was the tape (blue painters tape - edge lock) but I also think it had something to do with the wall being newly sheetrocked during the kitchen renovations. Either way, I say stick to the old school painters tape - it still works like a charm!

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing! I'm a sucker for anything chevron, but this looks especially awesome! Balanced perfectly and the color is fresh and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That green color is tickling my fancy right now!!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog off of The DIY Showoff. =)

    Oh gosh.....I would have given up!!! :o It's very cute ~ love the color....and especially love your kitty sitting in the window :)

    Off to check out the rest of your Blog.

    ReplyDelete