Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Dog Bite

bite label

Someone thought that poor table leg was a chew toy. The picture above was taken on the day I started making over my dining room table. I think a lot of times people pass up furniture if it has knicks, scratches, or animal bites. Little do they know – most of that can easily be fixed.

Here is the full bite-down pre table make over.

IMG_4967

IMG_4969

IMG_4970

IMG_4971

IMG_4972

Those are some pretty significant puncture wounds. Good thing I have my trusty furniture first aid kit handy.

The best way I know to restore the damaged spots is with wood filler. Its sandable, paintable, and down right perfection

IMG_4977

I know some people use a puddy knife to apply wood filler – I, however, use my fingers. I feel like it’s the best way to get it in all the holes and cracks. Apply after sanding down the wounded area.

IMG_4973

IMG_4974

IMG_4975

IMG_4976

IMG_4980 

The first pictures are just after a short sanding – the picture above is after a quick wood filler application. After the filler dries I recommend a quick sanding before priming

IMG_4981

IMG_4982

IMG_4983

Post sanding and priming – don’t mind the huge drip. Personally, I don’t mind the few knicks left on the wood I think it looks original to the wood.

And the final product

IMG_5064

IMG_5065IMG_5066

IMG_5067

So what do you think? Are you going to try to attack those bite marks now?

4 comments

  1. I totally did not know you switched blogs on me. I wondered what happened to Perpetual Blind date! I missed it and went looking for it, and it was GONE!

    I am very uphappy and wish to file a complaint with the universe! :(

    Even though I do really like playing with furniture and have a jacked up dresser I got off craig's list that I refinished that I could use this trick on, I am STILL MAD and you CAN"T butter me up with this! NO!

    Stomp FoOT! POUT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sincerest appologies... if I had any sort of dating life at the moment I would be sure to tell you all about it... but alas dating is practically dead to me (and not by choice). I am glad you came over - even if it was kicking and screaming ;)

      Delete