Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Bloom

My house is full of such pretty blooms lately. Even better than the gorgeous colors and vibrant textures – the smell. These flowers are so fragrant!

IMG_5504

IMG_5510

IMG_5506

Its rare for me to actually buy cut flowers to arrange at my house. This is no exception. I didn’t buy these beauties but instead was gifted them after my grandmothers funeral last Friday.

IMG_1511

Looking at them reminds me of how joyful she was even though she had to live daily with physical disabilities that would make the normal person go insane. Not only did she have heart failure that labored her breathing, but she also had diabetes and was unable to really express what she was thinking due to three large strokes in the 80s. Not in 20+ years had my grandmother really been able to express what she felt, needed, thought, or desired. She managed small words pieced together that brought on a guessing game by all those around her.

IMG_5509

IMG_5514

Today when I look at those pretty flowers I think of her in Heaven singing and chatting and being able to finally say exactly what she’s thinking.

IMG_5512

IMG_5520

What a sigh of relief she must feel to finally be able sing again…to bloom.

2 comments

  1. What a sweet, sweet post. Praying for you and your family, and glad that your grandmother is able to sing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely ...thank you for this...great picture of her. I really miss her....Aunt Maurine

    ReplyDelete