Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Man Gift

Fathers day gift are never easy to get. Sometimes I think men are harder to shop for them women. I guess there is always that easy Home Depot gift card – best fall back present ever.

This year I wanted to take it up a notch though. Put some thought into gift giving.

After seeing these I knew just what to get my pops.

Custom House Portrait 11x14" // whimsical home, music sheets, mixed media

Only problem was the $250 price tag.

I sent my friend john a picture of my parents house and asked him to use his fabulous design skills to make something awesome.

IMG_5713

IMG_5712

He was able to take those two pictures and turn them into this:

IMG_6009

Add a Hobby Lobby mat and frame

IMG_6001

… and you’ve got yourself a meaningful fathers day gift that didn’t break the bank

IMG_6011

In fact, here is the affordable price break down:

Original picture : free – completely digital

Watercolor : Depends on who does it

Picture Print : $1.80 at Kinkos

Frame: $29.99 (I used a 40% off coupon and got it for $20)

Mat : $3.99

Father’s day gift total: $25!

IMG_6003

What did you get your dad for fathers day? A tight neck squeeze? Gift Card? A favorite recipe?

2 comments

  1. This is a great idea! I need to figure out how to turn photos into watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did it in photoshop but used a drawing tablet. Maybe that helps?

      Delete