Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Homemade: Wrinkle Release

I did it again – cut the cost of those store bought products. This time it was the all important wrinkle release.

Pinned Image

I found this via pinterest and loved how well it worked. When doing it again I would probably leave out the vinegar… I felt like I smelt like pickles after using it.

IMG_7104

IMG_7110

I got my fabric softener and squirt bottle at the Dollar Tree and the White Vinegar was from other projects – homemade Shout.

IMG_7112IMG_7114

I put the recipe on the bottle again to save the time trying to find the recipe when I run out. All equal parts makes this so easy to make.

Now – the real test – how well does it work!

IMG_7125

IMG_7124

Brand new shirt that is all sorts of wrinkled

IMG_7126IMG_7129

And after a few sprays – a good shake down – and a little stretch this shirt was wrinkle free (its hard to get a shirt perfectly flat on the ground – those aren't wrinkles you see)

2012-10-15

I probably used 1 cup of each to fill my bottle and could easily make 4+ more with the softener that I got at the Dollar Tree. Overall, I think this version cost me somewhere around $0.50 to make ($5.00 for all supplies – Vinegar being the most expensive) I would much rather spend $0.50 than $3-5 each time on Wrinkle Release, especially with it working so well this way! To cut costs even more you could leave out the Vinegar (which I might try next time).

Go forth a release wrinkles – then come let me know how it worked for you!

2 comments

  1. The vinegar is probably there for a reason. Not sure what, but ingredients (unless purely for scent - like if this list said "add a drop of lemon oil to make it pretty) are all there for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That Downey stuff is so expensive and I use it ALL the time! Usually I find that the vinegar scent dissipates when it is all dried. I will try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete