Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Who Knew!?

I'm on a saving money mission right now…

We are talking major budget, the envelope system, and no frivolous spending.

It hurts, y’all.

Target haunts my dreams with its cute pillows and trendy clothes. Five days in and I am, well, surviving.

I love home décor and new clothes so I decided – stat – that I needed to save elsewhere to keep up my true shopping love.

Who wants to spend $25 on cleaning products when that could easily buy a new shirt or throw?!

I took matters into my own hands and made my own dishwasher detergent, shout, and next on the list laundry detergent.

Pinterest is exploding with different recipes but I went with the most simple – because why not?!

Pinned Image    Pinned Image

So first up, Dishwasher Detergent. Goodbye Cascade – hello Homemade

IMG_6905

Easy as that (minus the dishwasher magic in the background) – Washing Soda ($3), LemiShine($3), Borax ($3), and Kosher Salt ($2).

So you are looking at about $10-$12 bucks. The Kosher Salt I have had forEVER – it lasts so long and the Washing Sods/Borax is used in homemade laundry detergent – SAVINGS!

Dishwasher Detergent Recipe:

1 C Borax

1 C Washing Soda

1/2 C Lemi Shine

1/2 C Kosher Salt

I made one batch of the detergent and got that HUGE container thinking it would make a ton (what was I thinking?!?!)

IMG_6916

IMG_6912IMG_6917

Obviously I mixed my recipes up – this would be much more suited for the LAUNDRY detergent.

The container is fabulous though, it has a pour spout along with a regular opening – handy!

IMG_6927

I got two large mason jars worth of detergent out of ONE recipe. Considering it only takes a tablespoon each time – I imagine this will last me forever. (you do have to shake it up every once in a while to keep it from clumping)

Note: I did add white vinegar as my rinsing agent and can say everything came out SUPER clean and no spots

I was worried about its ability to get off cooked on food and such but this did a great job!

Tomorrow – we will SHOUT

2 comments

  1. Awesome.. I am in the same boat. With 7 month old twins, we are trying to save as much money as possible. I might have to try this now!

    ReplyDelete