Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : Master Bedroom Inspiration


My Master bedroom has a rather odd shape - its longer than it is wide and one of the longest walls is taken up by windows. Almost two years ago (TWO YEARS?!) I put up ombre shutters to serve as a focal point in my bedroom and also cover up a window. (see it peeking through?)

             IMG_6473



I have since added new night stands. Nothing else has really changed - except maybe my photography skills. These pictures are terrible!

photo2

Seeing as I change my mind regarding my decor on the daily, I have decided to revamp my bedroom. So far I have purchased a new all white duvet cover (Target) and moved one of my night stands (on the left) into my closet - more on that later this week.

It is my hope to take down the shutters and move the curtains from the wall of windows (on the right in the picture above) behind my bed and replace my window coverings with shutters. Those two projects might take a while, so while I wait I have decided to start brainstorming what exactly I want this space to look like.

If you follow my on instagram you know I purchased this rug from IKEA over the Christmas break that has now found a home in my bedroom.


Lets talk inspiration. First up - Change the SALMON color in the above color pallet to the "Nautical Orange" below and add in AQUA.

I have also decided to use two different but coordinating night stands - not necessarily the ones above those serve as inspiration. I did however, purchase the gold polka dot Euro Shams from Pottery Barn Kids. Cannot wait to get those in! My thought is to also add a throw to the foot of my bed to really bring a pop of color. I want to keep the darker colors contained to things easy to wash, mainly because Maggie thinks my bed is her personal lounge spot. Shams and duvets will stay light while throws and wall decor can bring in a pop of color.

The walls are currently Dovetail by Sherwin Williams and will stay that color - as will the X benches at the end of my bed - hint bringing in the orange. 

Now tell me , what do you think? Gold, Black/White, Aqua, and Peacock. Gotta love a good room make over!

No comments