Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Life : Year in Review

Three years ago (how was it that long? feels like just yesterday) I wrote a blog post about my life status at that point. The whole idea being at the first of January write down basic things about your current circumstances and revisit it at the end of the year and see what has changed.  It was a great exercise to see how quickly life can change in just a year.


Three years ago I wrote this:
I am not the world’s biggest fan of New Years Eve, most of the time it’s overrated and I would have rather had champagne on my couch. This year was different. I have never in my life been happier to ring in a new year.
So long 2010.
I would say “nice knowing you” but let’s get real, I hated 2010. This past year brought more heartache and tears than any other year I have been a part of. Change and I don’t get along and 2010 brought a whole bucket of change from a new job to loss of two special people.
This year is going to be my year. I feel it.
So what is life like currently? Good question.


I am the mother to a precious little kitty cat – Maggie. She’s really is my child and the coolest cat you will ever meet. Promise.
To my mother’s dismay, I am currently single. Maybe the fact that I haven’t been in a relationship in 3 years is what worries her. Honestly, I think she has hidden motives that go by the name of grandkids. I, on the other hand, love the single life but will admit I am open to mingling.
This year I am serving as the co-chair for the Tulsa Relay for Life. Talk about responsibility. The fight against cancer is something that God has given me a passion for and a subject that hits close to home.
Everyone says it, but I have the best friends a girl could ask for. They are supportive, caring, energetic, and help keep my life interesting.

Like Alyssa mentioned, we both work for an energy company in Tulsa. However, in no way shape or form do I work in IT. I would mess things up in 2 seconds flat. I take my talents up to the corporate finance group and work my fingers to the bone every day
 So there you have it, a very brief blog style status update. I am excited to see what 2011 has to offer both personally and professionally and I’m even more excited to bring all our readers along for the ride!


What is so crazy is I remember writing that post and being sooo ready for 2011. Since then I have bought a house, added a dag, seen friends come and go, attended 20+ weddings, started taking photography seriously, and switched jobs. 

So lets talk 2013 - all of the ups and downs and life currently

I started what would be one of my most favorite (and challenging) journeys yet - Crossfit 


Captured my brothers proposal


Watched friends welcome babies 

IMG_2095

IMG_2429

Went on the annual Warrenton trip with my momma

IMG_1733

Took on the biggest project of my life : Market Days

IMG_2628

Journeyed to Mexico

                      IMG_3346 

   Cancun Edit3

   IMG_3257

Spend a few days with a bunch of little ladies

                 IMG_3559

Got in my first car wreck

IMG_3866

Worked like heck on my front yard

IMG_4006

Celebrated my brothers wedding


Watched my cousin graduate from the fire academy


Rejoiced for the words "cancer free"


Hosted my first dinner party


Enjoyed putting on our first Christmas Minis


Got my first rope climb


Celebrated my best friend getting married


Topped it all off with a great New Years Eve



2013 brought a lot of change - new job, new friends, new babies, new marriages, and new challenges 

At this moment I am three months into a new job - thinking up new home projects like maybe a bedroom makeover and a few outdoor projects - single but dating more than ever (not sure if that's good or bad) -  growing this little blog space - taking on new photography clients each month - planning trips - and serving families of elementary students weekly through church. 

After giving it some thought I am hoping 2014 brings growth. Growing my physical strength (pull ups?!) //growing my spiritual knowledge and strength // home growth with new projects and greater organization // career growth // and maybe even some personal growth

Cant wait to see what this year has in store


No comments