Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Ikea Hack : Rast

When I saw this I knew it was the one – at $35 each it was even more appealing to my “need to transform everything” eye

This dresser has been all over pinterest – which cracks me up because I first took notice of it in the Ikea catalogue and then googled just out of curiosity. Tons of images greeted me.

I tossed around all sorts of ideas but settled on the fact that my room already had a lot of color so simple was needed.

Lets back up a bit. My room is a very LONG room but not very wide. To make things more difficult there is a wall of windows on one side and an expanded closet on the other. Not much wall space to work with. I knew a typical dresser wasn’t in the cards for me – so I set my eyes on a nightstand turned dresser.

That’s when I found the Rast. Angels sang that day.

I stained the wood black and thought I would give the drawers a metallic look. At first I thought silver leaf was the way to go but decided I didn’t want to deal with the time and mess.

Next up was metallic spray paint. This worked just fine but due to the cold temps we experienced the week I painted the metallic never set up right.

So I was now on plan C – aluminum foil and spray adhesive.

Honestly – I had it all on hand and figured I didn’t have much to loose.

IMG_7149

IMG_7154

Yes there are crinkles – no I don’t care. I like the idea of imperfection and I think it almost gives it a mercury glass look.

Pulls were found at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off!

photo2

I didn’t realize my “WISH” had been knocked off center during the reorg. Oops.

IMG_7141IMG_7145

I love how well they fit right next to my bed and they hold all that my dresser used to hold. AMEN

IMG_7147

IMG_7144IMG_7150

Here is what my room looked like before

IMG_6473

And now with the new dresser/nightstands

photo

Much better – looks so much more complete now.

What do you think? Tried any Ikea hacks lately?

2 comments

  1. These make such a difference in the way your room looks! Fab makeover. I've actually never been to an Ikea.. there's not a single one anywhere near me, but I always love seeing the cool things that others find there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant believe you havent ever been to one! It surprises me so much that they arent every where with as popular as they are!!! Fingers crossed you get one - or not bc your wallet will hurt

      Delete