Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : Oversized Pom Pom Blanket


My mom has a specific chair she sits in every night while she knits. She is usually covered up with a blanket, turns on her reading light, and has an animal or two cuddled up as she commences her scarf/hat/blanket/shawl making. 

For handmade Christmas this year I decided to replace my moms blanket with this new one from Target. Don't get ahead of yourselves - by no chance did I make the blanket, just the pompoms.

I got the idea from Mandi, over at Vintage Revivals

Pom Poms take some time to make but just turn on a good show and get to making!

For these over-sized pom poms I did not use the heavier weight yarn like Mandi, instead I used a normal weight and just wrapped it a million times.

To keep the pom poms from unraveling or shedding I would wrap the yarn 25 times and cinch it / wrap another 50 times and cinch / wrap another 50 and cinch / wrap another 25 cinch. 

Sounds like a lot more than it really it - one pom pom took me about 10 minutes start to finish. 

Enjoy!












No comments