Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : Cheat Day Treat

Yes, I gave up sugar but everyone needs a cheat day treat and why not skinny up a favorite?!

Like any normal red blood American, I love rice crispy treats. They speak my love language.

IMG_1714IMG_1723

I decided to cut down the calories a bit by substituting butter with coconut oil. Nom!

IMG_1715

IMG_1716

These hit the spot and don’t have a strong coconut flavor, so all you coconut haters give it a try!

Coconut oil can be used in a 1:1 ratio as a substitute for butter, however, I add a bit less oil than I would butter.

Make your treats like you would normally. I leave a handful of marshmallows out for the end because I am just like that and the chunkies are my thing.

IMG_1718

IMG_1722

Um, hello. Come to mama!

Even if you aren’t giving up sugar this is a good substitute to a favorite treat. Cut calories not taste!

IMG_1724

Enjoy!

No comments