Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: Teapot Wind chime

I am a leftover keeper, fabric scrap hoarder, and rarely get rid of old clothes. Needless to say I hate getting rid of something that might be useful.
“But that tank from 4th grade might be perfect for _________”
So, after making my mom’s Christmas chime I had some left over supplies – why not make a new one. Same song//Different verse
Tools of the trade
IMG_9199
IMG_9200-001
I was never into jewelry making – my best friend wore that crown – so, I am no pro at this but a little talent goes along way. The main thing you need to know is that you can pull jump rings open to attach the chain or add them to a chime, then you squeeze them shut again with your piers. You will also use the pliers to “roll” your wire at the end of your bead to keep the bead in place.
Other than that – you just have to wing it. Trust me, you can do it.
For this particular piece, I use a key chain ring to hold the chimes and then attached chain to the key chain and feed it though the spout of my teapot. Confused yet?
IMG_9215IMG_9218
Maybe a visual will help.
I also added some fun text with a Sharpie paint pen and my right hand – no cool vinyl for this chick.
IMG_9205
IMG_9206
Since this teapot was much smaller than my moms, I didn’t adorn it with nearly as much beading/chimes.
I love the simplicity of the baby wind chime
IMG_9211
IMG_9214
IMG_9221
IMG_9224
IMG_9229
The text I added was part of a verse from Psalms – so I added the Book//Chapter//Verse to the handle
Part of me wanted to add it to the base of the teapot – which I would do but for some reason I liked the aesthetic of having it on the handle. To each their own
IMG_9208
IMG_9216
There you have it : Teapot Windchime
Go forth and conquer!

No comments