Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: DIY Doily Magnets

There are some things in life I just cant resist – buttercream frosting, estate sales, chips and salsa, and the ever present dollar isle. Those dang dollar isles get me every.time. It’s a wonder I haven't spent my entire paycheck on notepads, thank you cards, and trinkets. For some reason everything is cuter when its $1.
When I was at Michaels over the weekend I HAD to walk down that isle of cheap goodness. Thank goodness I did or I would have missed these beauties and how in the world would I have gone on without them…
IMG_9106
Teeny tiny ($2) doilies oh how I love thee. I love thee enough to pass up TWO sonic happy hour drinks in your place.
Lets be honest – I got them and had no idea what I would do with them. They were made for scrapbooking but since I have yet to dabble in that area they needed a new purpose. So, a new purpose I gave them.
Do you remember this drawer turned magnet board? If not, here ya go
IMG_9109
A year later I am finally getting around to adding some magnets to the magnet board. Go figure.
The baby doilies were the perfect size to be hot glued to a small magnet and made useful.
IMG_9107
IMG_9112
Since there were nine in all, a few got to reside on my fridge. They are small, think the size of a quarter, but their cuteness factor is way bigger.
IMG_9116
IMG_9120 Artwork from a favorite little at church
In total this project took me 10 minutes with the majority of the time waiting on my hot glue gun to warm up. Since my magnets are small they hold a decent amount but aren't going to hold up a book. They are great for papers on the fridge or pictures but nothing heavier.
Anyone repurposed art supplies lately?

1 comment