Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: DIY Glitter IPhone Cover

Its like pigs are flying around here – I am actually doing a NEW DIY!!
I recently upgraded to the Iphone5 and with the upgrade got the standard 2 piece Otter Box.
IMG_9089
IMG_9090
IMG_9091
The new style comes with a silicone cover for your phone and then a hard plastic piece that “clicks” into place as extra protection. Obviously, this was a little too plain for my taste.
I decided to add glitter after seeing a bunch of cute cases around but not wanting to drop the $40 bones to get one. And thus, a DIY was born
Martha Stewart decoupage glue//sealer and Martha Glitter in Green Apple = $7.00
IMG_9095
IMG_9096
Make sure you grab the glitter and not COARSE glitter – the extra fine stuff is really what makes it look less like a DIY and more store bought
Turns out I hate that Martha Stewart decoupage glue//sealer – the glitter pealed right off after it dried. So to our trusty ModPodge I turned!
IMG_9097
IMG_9098IMG_9099
Paint ModPodge all over your cover (I left the sides free of glue//glitter).
IMG_9102
IMG_9103
I added three coats of ModPodge and then glitter before sealing the cover with a last coat of ModPodge. You’ll notice in the picture the sides are glittered – I started out that way and quickly changed my mind after I noticed how easily the sides peel. Plus it looks a lot cleaner and professional with just the back glittered – or at least it does in my opinion.
IMG_9140
IMG_9104
IMG_9141
IMG_9143
Remember your ModPodge will go on white but I promise it will dry clear – no need to think you ruined the whole project when its time to seal the glitter.
I love the color I chose – lots of compliments – and its such a fun CHEAP way to add a little sparkle to your phone.
IMG_9127
IMG_9129
IMG_9133
IMG_9137
What do you think? Doesn’t it look sooo much better than that drab plain black?
I will tell you, once you seal the glitter and wipe down the stray glitter from on your phone you wont see anymore flaking. No glitter on your face//hands when you use your phone.
Let me know if you try this – I would love to see what combinations you come up with!

No comments