Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: Stumped

I was needing inspiration this morning – you see last night I scored two small (maybe 3 in high and 9 in diameter) wood stumps.

As of late I have really liked the idea of using logs in my décor – I couldn’t tell you why – but I have been very attracted to faux bois (wood grain) and tree stumps of all sizes. Seeing those two (FREE!) stumps sitting there I just knew they belonged in my home.

Here’s the problem though – they are small and there are only two. I usually like to decorate in odd numbers rather than even, so two is throwing me for a loop. Not to mention they aren't large enough to be substantial, such as a side table or stool.

So, what else is a girl to do but search the interwebs for inspiration.

Maybe candle holders? I really like this picture because I LOVE the idea of a potted Christmas tree! That could very easily become a fabulous DIY – fake tree, cheap pot, and some twine!

image

here

Pinned Image

here

Pinned Image

here

Pinned Image

here

Pinned Image

here

Cake plate, painted!!!, mason jar holder, centerpiece – so many ideas! To me, wood really feels fitting in fall and winter décor but these pictures are making me realize it can easily be used year around. Gotta love a good versatile, FREE, find.

Anyone else out there on the wood/stump train? Maybe you have been caught up with my other obsession… pinecones?!?!

3 comments

  1. Faux bois is fake wood, the recreated stuff - you just got, well, bois, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to DIY some wood coasters. If the width is small enough, you could do that! I've seen (and maybe even pinned) tutorials on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely make a cake stand. No occasion necessary, but you can never have too much cake around the house!

    ReplyDelete