Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: Bleached Mustache

How about that for a title?

No I am not bleaching those pesky hairs – would be an interesting concept though.

This past weekend I participated in a 5k in support of Prostate Cancer as a part of No Shave November. It was cleverly named the Mustache Dash.

Side note: I have never seen so many people in fake mustaches in my life.

Since It was a fun race I wanted to dress accordingly – in a mustache t-shirt of course!

Whose mustache is better than Pistol Pete???

>+-�S޵���

I used this image and enlarged it to get the mustache at just the right size and then traced it with freezer paper.

Did you know freezer paper irons on to fabric VERY easily? Then can be removed and reused?

IMG_1653

After ironing on my stencil I grabbed the bleach squirt bottle. I might have maybe messed up the first shirt

IMG_1654

 

Small lettering doesn’t work well with bleaching – the bleach has a tendency to bleed and your are left with not much lettering. I would opt for no lettering or large distinct type.

Moving on…

IMG_7782

IMG_7784

IMG_7780

There is a difference when bleaching something – a spray causes the entire area to turn rather than a spotted look

IMG_7785

Splatter (aka bleach drip) causes a more “controlled” bleach and a spottier look

IMG_7786

As you can tell I am a bigger fan of splatter than spray but its all personal preference.

After the bleach was at the level I liked I soaked the shirt in warm water and hydrogen peroxide to keep it from eating through the cotton and then washed it like normal.

IMG_1722

I think they turned out pretty darn cute and Pete’s mustache is recognizable! The knee socks are from target.

IMG_1723IMG_1725

Those two pictures are 2 1/2 years apart – too funny huh? I guess I really like the left side and that OSU hat.

Now go forth and bleach!

1 comment

  1. absolutely love this!!! i'm going to have to try this out!!!

    ReplyDelete