Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: Scarf Organization

As the temperatures continue to fall into winter my scarf collection seems to take over my wardrobe.

I love how easily you can through a scarf on to a plain Jane outfit and give it a little more oomph. What I don’t like about scarves is trying to put them away.

During the warmer months I keep my scarves in a plastic tub under my bed but as they get used more frequently that tub starts to look like a war zone.

When I was at Target yesterday I grabbed a pack of shower curtain hooks (that close completely) for $1.25

IMG_1829IMG_1830

Add those to a plastic hanger I already had on hand – and we are in business

IMG_1831

The good thing about these curtain hooks is that they squeeze shut, ensuring they wont fall off the hanger after the scarves are added.

IMG_1832

IMG_1833IMG_1834

I folded each scarf in half and then threaded it through the hook so that they weren't dragging the ground. I could have easily split this amongst two hangers but decided to cram them all on one instead.  Hang them in your closet or coat closet and there you have it – organization!

I am thinking about doing this same trick with my belts!

2 comments

  1. Oh, I ove that. That is a great idea! Right now all of mine are just thrown over the top of the door, they look pretty but it is messy. Of course, I can't even get to my closet because of all the stuff on my floor right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have thought about the construction of the shower curtain hooks being important....good tip!

    ReplyDelete