Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Monday Musings | 6


Happy Halloween Party People! Am I the only one that sees these suckers and is automatically thrown back in the 4th grade during a fall festival? I swear these are caramel covered nostalgia.

Did you dress up today? Trick or Treating tonight?

We have a costume contest at work today, to which I have seen not one single costume. Maybe everyone has the same game plan as I do and is waiting until lunch time to transform. Into the bathroom I go as an (almost) 30 year old professional and out I come as an 80 year old grandma. I cannot wait to show you pictures. Like any good student, I have been watching youtube videos on "old age makeup" for a solid week now. Fingers crossed the idea in my head can come to life. Otherwise, I will look like I got drunk and passed out in college and someone drew on my face.

On our evening walk last night I moaned and groaned about how I felt like I couldn't keep friendships alive. Like I was the only one in the world that had "situational" friendships that all revolved around a common thing... like work or school or league. I know I can't be the only one who feels like friends come and go. The difference is I feel like I am the reason they go. Maybe I am too judgemental or not fun enough. Maybe I said something that upset them or should have called them more. After a solid 20 minutes of complaining, I came to the realization that it isn't about me or what I can or should have done. Instead its this constant entrenching of social media. Seeing other people out and about or going to do things in large groups and feeling inadequate. Feeling left out, when if I stopped and really thought about it I didn't want to actually be included in the first place.

All of this to say... I am taking a social media break. I have no idea how long it will last but this blog is the only thing that will stay alive. No facebook or instagram. Shutter. No Snapchat.... serious withdrawals, y'all. No Pinterest. No.Social.Media.

My hope is that the removal of all these outside noises will give me more time to invest in the people around me. Help clear away all the FOMO (it means fear of missing out, mom) cobwebs and start fresh.

In full disclosure, there might be a contest going on behind the scenes. Who can last longer... me without social media or my boyfriend without sugar. I have full faith that I can withstand longer.

Okay, thats about all I've got for the moment. There is some old lady make up and garb calling my name!

No comments