Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Fall Decorating

Insert all the praise hands!

I finally got around the decorating for fall last week and it was glorious. I'm not one that goes all out and has themed decor in every room but I do think the common gathering areas deserve a little spice of life.





Murphy wanted to make sure and give you a warm greeting. Oh, and don't mind that chippy paint on the front porch... one day it will get removed... or so I have been telling myself for a year now.

Who doesn't love a new front door rug? Home Sweet Home - from Target - which could be classified as my home sweet home away from home.

Those cute black/white/gold pumpkins are from Hobby Lobby and are such a good transitional fall item. I'm not really into the decorate for Halloween and then turn around and decorate for Thanksgiving mentality, so anything that can serve dual purposes is a win in my book! The cute pumpkin/flower arrangement was 50% off at Michaels. I added a few extra silk flowers to create a bit of a fuller look and love how it turned out.


Oh, have you jumped on the bath & body works candle train yet? I obviously did, as pictured above, and can say they live up to the hype. Let me be clear, nothing will ever replace my beloved Capri Blue (Anthropologie) candle but these are great seasonal smells. So far I have only burned Spiced Pomegranate Cider but I have Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Marshmallow Fireside, and Leaves all ready for their turn. I burn a candle anytime I am home and the current one I have from BBW has lasted me about a month.




The dining room table is my most favorite thing to decorate for various seasons/occasions. I love pulling things from around the house and seeing how they all come together. For fall I grabbed a few mini white, multi, and orange (real) pumpkins from Sprouts/Walmart and paired those with some fake pumpkins from Hobby Lobby. I set those cute mercury glass hurricanes in the center - which I grabbed for a whopping $10 at Joann's after Christmas last year - and added a candle. The "floating beads", antlers, and decorative balls were all also from around the house. I love how this came together and, in all reality, took maybe 20 minutes.


Another great find were these HUGE mums from Costco for $20. A mum half this size anywhere else around town runs around $16 so I made sure and grabbed two for the front porch. Now to just keep them alive!

Okay, your turn! Whats your favorite item to decorate with for fall? 


2 comments

  1. Looks good! I love mums for fall and glass pumpkins.. I'm sad because we are in the middle of moving so we probably won't decorate this year. We usually go all out for Halloween and win yard of the month in our neighborhood and we won't get to this year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo glass pumpkins!!! Congrats on the move though! Thats so exciting

      Delete